• 1

    Our Dam Site

  • 2

    Our Fire Department

  • 3


  • 4

    Sunkhaze Wildlife Refuge

You can come to the Milford Town office to register for your Hunting/Fishing License -OR- you can register online by clicking the image below.

 Hunt Fish License



Hunting & Fishing licenses

Licenses are for the calendar year, unless you purchase a specific date range license (ie 1 day, 3 day, 15 day) or you obtain a lifetime license.  Licenses may be obtained at the Town Office during normal business hours or online at www.mefishwildlife.com and clicking on the "MOSES" link.

Age requirements vary depending on type of license and residency of the licensee.  

  • Resident fishing licenses are required if the applicant is 16 years old or older. 
  • Nonresident fishing licenses are required if the applicant is 12 years old or older.
  • Junior hunting licenses are required for hunters between the ages of 10 and 15.
  • Lifetime licenses may be obtained for individuals under the age of 16 and those 60 years old to 69 years old. 
  • Lifetime licenses may be obtained for an $ 8 fee if the applicant is 70 years old or older.

Documents needed to obtain an adult hunting license:

  • Proof of residency (driver's license, state ID, etc.)
  • Proof of hunter's safety course or proof of previously holding an adult hunting license.  An affadavit may be filed if either of these documents is not available.

Documents needed to obtain an adult fishing license:

  • Proof of residency (driver's license, state ID, etc.)

Here are some frequently requested numbers that you may find useful:

Milford Town Office: 827-2072

Milford Town Office (Fax): 827-1524

Milford Fire Department--Direct Line: 827-6164

Milford Post Office: 827-4272

Penobscot County Dispatch: 945-4636

        Including Animal Control Officer Complaints

State Police: 973-3700

School Department: 827-2252

        Including Superintendents Office

You can find more information on this and other sites by clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.

Additional contact information

You can come to the Town Office at 62 Davenport St. to pay your Property Tax bill and your Sewer Tax bill in person or,you may mail your check to P.O. Box 336 Milford, ME 04461, or you can choose to pay online by clicking the Online Bill Pay button below.

 pay taxes button

Click here to learn about your tax rate.